We're pleased to offer the following services at Dunes Animal Hospital:
Complete and thorough physical exams are performed on every pet. These exams help us to ensure your pet is healthy and to catch any disease in its earliest stages.
Physical Exams include:
* Cardiopulmonary Exam (Heart & Lung )
* Dental Exam
* Eye, Ear, and Lymph Node Exam
* Abdominal Palpation
* Dermatology (Skin) Exam
* Musculoskeletal / Orthopedic Exam
All types of surgery are performed at Dunes Animal Hospital and include the following:
* Fracture Repair
* Tumor Removal
* Spay / Neuter
* Dental Surgery
* If you have any questions on the many additional types of surgeries performed, please call.
* Injury Diagnosis
* Pregnancy Ultrasound
* Abdominal Ultrasound
* Bladder Ultrasound
* Ultrasound guided Biopsy
* Ultrasound guided Abdominocentesis
* Ultrasound guided Thoracocentesis
Pets with healthy teeth live longer, happier, healthier lives. Dental services include:
* Cleaning & Scaling of Tarter
* Fluoride Tooth Polish
* Tooth Extraction
* Blood and CBC Tests (Complete White and Red Blood Cell Count): Creatine, BUN, Amylase, ALT, ALP, Albumin, Calcium, Globulin, Glucose, Phosphorous, Potassium, Sodium, Bilirubin, Protein, and Thyroid Levels
* Heartworm Tests
* Urine Tests: Protein, Specific Gravity, pH, Bilirubin, Ketones, Glucose, Crystals, Epithelial Cells, Bacteria, and Blood in the Urine
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 6 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet needs. Emergencies can be things such as rodenticide poisoning, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call.
We also offer after hour emergecy services for our clients. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please call 605-242-5412 and our machine will give you instructions on how to reach the veterinarian.
- Pocket Pets
Dunes Animal Hospital accepts payment via cash, checks from established clients, CareCredit or any major credit card. So that we can continue to provide you high quality service utilizing the best medical technologies, we request that payment be made at the time services are rendered.
If you would like to apply for CareCredit or need more information, please click here.
We provide estimates for all surgeries and hospitalizations. If you have not received an estimate, you are welcome to request one at any time for your expected charges.